Camping in Autumn? Yes Please!
Autumn is one of our favourite times of year, especially as we get to cosy up in our favourite jumpers and make the most of the crisper weather. Nothing quite compares to the sights, sounds and smells of Autumn, and taking a camping trip at this time of year is one of the very best ways to get outdoors and experience them.
Cooler weather should not be a barrier to enjoying your trips away, but there are a couple of things you can do to get the most out of your time in the ‘van.
What to Pack
If you’ve never taken a trip this late in the season before and are unsure what you’ll need to pack to stay comfy and cosy, it can be tricky to know where to start. This basic checklist helps you make sure you have all the Autumn essentials covered:
- Warm clothing. It makes sense that your layers will become thicker and cosier in the colder weather, and it can be tempting to pack the thickest, snuggliest clothing you own. Our pro tip when it comes to choosing your clothing is to remember that layering up with thinner materials will keep you warmer than a single thick layer. You will be more comfortable overall as you’ll be able to remove or add layers depending on the weather, and they are usually lighter and take up less space.
- You can never pack too many socks. There’s nothing worse than soggy socks during a camping trip. It’s best to pack more than you think you will need, just to be on the safe side.
- Books. Okay, not necessarily an essential, but perfect for those rainy afternoons spent in the caravan. Cosy up with a good book and soak in the restful pace of the season.
- Comfort food and snacks. Cooking in a caravan can be a challenge, but some of our favourite comfort foods are perfect for packing and taking away with you. Think thick, hearty soups, mac and cheese, burritos, mushroom risotto, French toast and hot puddings with custard.
What to Do
Wrap up warm and head outdoors to make the most of this beautiful season. Here are some of our favourite things to do.
- Into the woods. Wherever you are in the UK you’re never too far away from our gorgeous woodlands. Find stunning locations to visit with the National Trust or the Woodland Trust.
- Get spooky. As well as our much-loved woodlands, the UK is peppered with grand old castles and atmospheric ruins. Whether you are into the historical or the Halloween-y side of things, castles are a great choice for single travellers, couples, and families alike. Just be sure to check the specifics of your chosen castle before you attend.
- Enjoy some star gazing. These Autumn nights mean you don’t have to wait until the dead of night to enjoy a spot of stargazing. Download a sky map app and see how many constellations you can name, or simply cosy up with a hot chocolate and a blanket and turn your eyes to the sky.
Browse the Miriad Range of Autumn Must-Haves
From caravan torches to awnings, cosy sleeping bags and more, Miriad Products has everything you need to squeeze every last drop of fun from your trips this Autumn. Browse the range online today and get planning!